Your Spring Interior Home Maintenance Checklist
As weather warms, homeowners in the Dayton area go into spring-cleaning mode. Lifestyle Comfort Solutions suggests this thoughtful plan of action:
Check Your Attic
- Check for signs of critter damage. Bats, bugs, and critters often make their Winter home in attic spaces. Check for signs of critter damage, especially in soffitt vents and for signs of burrowing in aging insulation.
- Inspect your home insulation. Proper insulation helps with Summer’s blazing heat. A properly insulated home keeps your home cool in summer with significantly lower energy bills. Talk to Lifestyle Comfort Solutions about home performance testing, air sealing, and attic insulation for Summer, as well as Winter, comfort.
Check Your Basement
- Address standing water. During your seasonal air-conditioning check, ask your service technician to check and repair any water leakage coming from your furnace. Lifestyle Comfort Solutions works to correct basement water leaks before they ruin finished living space, and become a breeding ground for mold/mildew. Ask your service technicians how you can protect your home from water damage.
Check Your Living Spaces
- Balance air flow. Depend on Lifestyle Comfort Solutions to adjust the amount of air-flow to various living spaces in your home. You’ll enjoy ultimate comfort in the spaces where you spend the most time.
- Repair hot and cold spots. Lifestyle Comfort Solutions frequently assists clients who cannot enjoy individual spaces within their homes because they are too hot in Summer, and too cold in Winter. Through home performance testing, we can get to the heart of your comfort issues and repair them–at surprisingly affordable cost to you.
Check Your Cooling Equipment
- Purchase a Lifestyle Comfort Solutions Comfort Zone service agreement.Lifestyle Comfort Solutions will check that your air-conditioner is functioning effectively in preparation for warm Summer. Plus, you’ll enjoy perks such as priority service, extended parts warranties, and other savings– all while building a relationship with a company you trust. Preventive maintenance promotes more efficient operation of your equipment and contributes to better indoor air quality.
- Change filters as needed. Follow manufacturer instructions. Some filters should be changed monthly. Depending on type, some may need to be changed every six-twelve months. Don’t let your furnace filter start to look like a carpet sample.
- Go mobile. Many of today’s high tech heating/cooling units can be monitored and controlled by your SMART phone or through the Internet. While you are laying on the beach, or enjoying a picnic in the park, you can manage your home’s performance from the palm of your hand. Talk to your service technician at the time of your seasonal check, or call Lifestyle Comfort Solutions to discuss exciting options.
Now is the time to prepare for a sizzling Summer. By finishing a few simple tasks early in the season, you’ll enjoy relaxing, carefree days of fun in the sun.
Need Air Conditioning Maintenance?
Call us today at
or request service online.
Lifestyle Comfort Solutions provides professional heating, cooling, and indoor air quality services to Beavercreek, Bellbrook, Centerville, Dayton, Fairborn, Huber Heights, Kettering, Miamisburg, Moraine, Oakwood, Spring Valley, Springboro, Troy, Vandalia, West Carrollton, and surrounding communities. Call us at 937-202-4520 or request service online today.