Humidification—the process of adding moisture to the air—is one of the most important aspects of total indoor comfort, yet it’s one of the least understood.
Maybe this is because people associate humidity with the discomfort of hot, steamy summer days. And it’s true that too much humidity causes problems. Yet when properly controlled, humidity offers many proven benefits to your health, home and comfort.
Using an Aprilaire Whole-Home Humidifier is one of the most effective ways to add the proper amount of humidity to your indoor air and prevent the problems caused by dry air.
Model 600 Series
The Aprilaire Model 600 Humidifier is one of the best-performing bypass humidifiers on the market. As a large-capacity unit, the Model 600:
- Features a built-in bypass damper, which means fewer parts to install
- Delivers up to 50% more moisture than competitive units
- Has an evaporation capacity of 0.70 gallons per hour
- Humidifies tightly constructed homes up to 4,000 square feet in size
- Delivers optimum levels of humidity control with the Automatic Digital Humidifier Control. You never have to monitor your settings or wait until you feel uncomfortable.
- Provides vital service, temperature and relative humidity indicators in manual mode as well.
- Performs quietly with simple annual maintenance.
- Incorporates easy right or left discharge change-over.
Model 800 Series
The Aprilaire Model 800 Humidifier is a steam humidifier designed for home applications where evaporative units are less practical. The Model 800:
- Accommodates crawl spaces, attics and areas of the country with milder winters and non-forced air heating.
- Provides humidity to the largest of homes (up to 6,200 square feet).
- Features truly automatic control but can be installed in manual mode as well.
- Runs independently of your HVAC system to accommodate larger homes (up to 6,200 square feet)
- Delivers optimum levels of humidity control with the Automatic Digital Humidifier Control.
- Performs quietly and with simple maintenance. You only need to replace the canister.
- Has a capacity of 11.5, 16.0, 20.5, 23.3, and 34.6 gallons per day, depending on electrical draw.
- Uses cold water, which may be hard, soft or softened.