Simple Ways to Manage Energy Costs
Whether you desire to save the planet or save your wallet, there are simple ways you can manage energy costs, and be kinder to the environment. Lifestyle Comfort Solutions suggests:
Seal Air Leaks
Sealing leaks around doors, windows, and electrical outlets with appropriate weatherstripping, caulking, or expandable foam are projects many homeowners are comfortable performing. However, don’t stop with these simple DIY projects.
Duct repair and sealing may save as much as 25 cents on every energy dollar you spend. It’s the Department of Energy’s #1 suggestion for energy savings.
Remember! Adding insulation without professional attic air-sealing is largely money wasted. With proper attic air-sealing and then increasing attic insulation from 3 to 12 inches you can cut heating costs by 20 cents on every heating dollar, and 10 cents on every cooling dollar you spend.
Enjoy a Smart Thermostat
Programmable thermostats adjust for occupant schedule and provide custom comfort tailored to your family’s unique needs. Some SMART thermostats actually learn your schedule, and require little day-to-day programming.
With each degree you lower your thermostat you save about 2 cents on the dollar, or an average of $180.00 a year.
Of course, if you still have a thermostat which contains mercury, it’s time to rid yourself of that health hazard immediately,
15% of the average energy bill comes from heating water. A few simple day-to-day lifestyle habits become significant money savers:
- Set your water heater to 120 degrees.
- Rinsing dishes before placing in the dishwasher may be unnecessary. Some detergent manufacturers now recommend against pre-rinsing.
- When the time comes to replace your water heater, ask about hybrid and energy-efficient models.
- Cutting a shower by just one minute saves on water costs, and protects this valuable world resource.
Bright Ideas for Lighting
- LED lighting is 75% more efficient than traditional incandescent lights, and lasts about 25 times as long. While it may be more expensive to install up-front, its significant savings makes LED lighting worth looking into.
Our mission at Lifestyle Comfort Solutions is to create homes and workplaces in Dayton, Ohio, which are comfortable, safe, healthy, and energy efficient. Our trained staff welcomes your questions, and are happy to help address your comfort concerns.
Lifestyle Comfort Solutions; Committed to Comfort, Season after Season.
Need HVAC Service?
Call us today at
or request service online.
Lifestyle Comfort Solutions provides professional heating, cooling, and indoor air quality services to Beavercreek, Bellbrook, Centerville, Dayton, Fairborn, Huber Heights, Kettering, Miamisburg, Moraine, Oakwood, Spring Valley, Springboro, Troy, Vandalia, West Carrollton, and surrounding communities. Call us at 937-202-4520 or request service online today.