Lisa Crosley, President, Lifestyle Comfort Solutions reminds you of the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning and how to protect your family.
Don’t Assume it’s the Flu!
Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are like the flu, and even COVID: Headache, fatigue, nausea/vomiting/weakness, shortness of breath, confusion.
Do you experience these symptoms at home, but do they improve when in other places?
Prolonged flu-like symptoms which don’t improve could be a sign of low-level carbon monoxide exposure.
Install a Reliable Alert System
Over-the-counter devices may measure CO levels only when they reach deadly levels. Yet, low level carbon monoxide exposure is dangerous, especially to expectant mothers, children, and individuals over 65 years old.
Lifestyle Comfort Solutions offers professional grade, low-level detectors at affordable prices—units which are superior to over-the-counter models.
Pushing the TEST button on an over-the-counter CO monitor only tests battery strength. Batteries may remain strong, but the unit is no longer measuring CO. Most CO monitors have an expiration date when they should be replaced.
Beware Unseen CO Danger Zones
Don’t warm your car in the garage even with the garage door open. CO can leak into your home, and it hangs in the air in your garage for up to 10 hours.
The same is true of running snow blowers or lawn mowers in the garage.
A cracked heat exchanger in the furnace is a primary cause of CO poisoning. For peace of mind, never skip your yearly furnace check-up.
Lifestyle Comfort Solutions’ mission is to create homes and workplaces which are comfortable, safe, healthy, and energy efficient.
To learn more about protecting your family from the dangers of low-level carbon monoxide exposure, talk to your comfort consultants at Lifestyle Comfort Solutions, 937.242.4520