Lisa E. Crosley, President, explains how to think like a technician before calling for service.
While Lifestyle Comfort Solutions’ is ready 24/7/365 to meet Dayton’s heating and cooling needs, we understand that homeowners wish to spare their budget whenever possible. Here are some common problems you may be able to spot to help you keep your cool.
Check Your Thermostat
- Set the temperature setting at least 5 degrees below current room temperature.
- Set the controller (thermostat) to COOL mode.
- Change dead batteries if your controller is a model which requires them.
- Turn off the controller for 5 minutes, then turn back on to reset.
Check Your Power Source
- Did a power surge trip a circuit breaker, or blow a fuse?
Power surges happen more frequently as our nation’s power grid ages. High heat and humidity are also culprits. Even minor surges which dim lights can affect your cooling system.
- Check your unit power switch. Because it looks like a light switch, it’s easy to turn off the power to the unit and not realize it. Find the power switch close to the indoor unit.
Check for a Condensate Drain Issue
- Your cooling unit removes water from the air. The moisture drains away from the unit. A float switch in the unit senses water build-up and automatically shuts off the unit to help protect against flooding. If you see water, call us at Lifestyle Comfort Solutions for professional help.
Check Your Capacity/Relay
- Hear a clicking sound and the air-conditioner doesn’t turn on? It may be a capacitor failure or a bad relay? Time to call the experts at Lifestyle Comfort Solutions.
If these solutions provide only temporary relief and you must repeat them over and over, there is likely a problem which requires professional attention.
Moreover, DIY fixes are never a substitute for professional, schedule seasonal maintenance.
Whether it’s regular scheduled seasonal maintenance or emergency repair, help is just a call or click away. Call us at 937.202.4520 or visit www.lifestylecomfortsolutions.com.
Season after Season, Lifestyle Comfort Solutions is Committed to Comfort.