In its pure state, natural gas has no distinct odor. Gas companies add a chemical with a very distinct odor to alert you to the life-threatening possibility of a gas leak.
While Lifestyle Comfort Solutions is proud of its 24/7/365 commitment to its clients, DO NOT CALL LIFESTYLE COMFORT SOLUTIONS IF YOU SUSPECT LEAKING GAS.
Lisa Crosley, President of Lifestyle Comfort Solutions, provides the following instructions:
If You Suspect A Gas Leak OUTSIDE a Home or Business
- Leave the Area Immediately. Distance yourself from the odor/struck line.
- Do not attempt to restart or move powered equipment in the area.
- Call 9-1-1 to report the leak. Use Ohio’s 8-1-1 number to alert police and fire officials.
- In Dayton, call Vectren at 1-800-227-1376 from outside the immediate area of the leak.
If You Suspect a Gas Leak INSIDE A Home or Business
- Leave the Area Immediately.
- Do not use a cellphone, land-line phone, or text anyone while in the vicinity of the leak.
- Do not turn off lights, appliances, or electrical sources.
- Do not light matches.
- Do not open to close windows.
- Do not start a vehicle parked in the garage attached to the home. Do not use the garage door opener.
- Call 9-1-1 to report the leak. Also call 8-1-1- number to alert police and fire officials.
- In Dayton, call Vectren at 1-800-227-1376.