Lisa Crosley is President of Lifestyle Comfort Solutions Heating and Cooling. She frequently installs heating/cooling and indoor air quality products in her own home before recommending them to her clients.
For many Americans, HVAC is nothing more than pumping hot air into cold rooms, and cool air into hot, stuffy spaces. Most American don’t realize that your heating/cooling system can be put to work to promote both home and workplace health.
Even before the current health crisis, most Americans spent as much as 90% of their time indoors. What happens when indoor air quality is compromised?
Sick Air Can Make You Sick!
- 50% of all illnesses are caused or aggravated by poor indoor air quality—The American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
- 55% to 60% of asthma cases can be reduced by controlling contaminants such as dust mites—The American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine
- Poor indoor air quality results in headaches, fatigue, concentration problems, skin rashes, and eye/nose/throat/lung irritation—Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- Indoor air pollution is among the top 5 environmental risks to public health—The U S Environmental Protection Agency
What’s the Cure?
- Maintenance! Without a doubt, regular maintenance is the first line of defense. The air you breath is filtered through your HVAC system. Without proper maintenance, pollutants are trapped inside equipment and ductwork. Leaking moisture feeds molds.
- If needed.
Even in the time of social distancing, do not skip professional regular maintenance on your HVAC system! A properly functioning HVAC system is your ally is keeping you family healthy.
- Filter Changes! Change filters according to manufacturer instructions, as often as every month
- Don’t forget the V in HVAC—Ventilation! Lifestyle Comfort Solutions can design a ventilation system which provides the right balance of gases and which controls odors and contaminants.
- Humidity! While there is still research to be done on coronavirus, we do know that humidity levels between 40% and 60% help to kill other viruses. Work with Lifestyle Comfort Solutions to put proper home humidification to work in your home or workplace.
During this current crisis, Americans are being reminded of how important it is to breathe clean, fresh, healthy air. It’s your lifestyle… your comfort… our solutions. To learn more, call Jessica at 937.202.4520.