It’s time for Dayton’s weather to turn from sweat to sweater. With Jack Frost nipping at our noses, Lifestyle Comfort Solutions shares furnace fire safety tips as we observe National Fire Safety Month.
Schedule Your Seasonal Furnace Check!
Furnace safety begins with a professional check-up each year. Some equipment manufacturers may void your equipment’s warranty if equipment isn’t properly maintained. A one time check is good, but a maintenance agreement is great! Your equipment receives a professional check, and you enjoy so many added benefits. From time to time it’s wise to invest in professional cleaning for enhance performance and energy savings. Regularly change air filters according to manufacturer directions.
- Store flammable or combustible items away from your furnace.
- Keep the area around air vents clean and free of blockage.
- Keep the area around your furnace free of clutter and other obstructions.
Keep Registers Clean and Open!
- Closing off registers can cause unnecessary heat build-up and affect furnace efficiency.
- Vacuum your registers monthly to remove lint, dust, and pet hair.
While your furnace does have built in safety features to protect your home from furnace fires, it’s still a good idea to let Lifestyle Comfort Solutions be your partner in creating a home which is comfortable, safe, healthy, and energy efficient.