How to Handle a Noisy Air-Conditioner
Lifestyle Comfort Solutions recently addressed a Dayton client’s comfort concern when a noisy air-conditioner took the joy out of summer outdoor living. Here’s our practical advice:
Like any piece of mechanical equipment, your outdoor air-conditioner, known as the condenser, will make some noise. However, sound levels vary based on:
- Quality of equipment. Certain models built by reputable manufacturers offer noise-reducing options.
- Age of equipment. Older units weren’t manufactured with many of today’s sound-reducing features. Logically, older equipment makes more noise as it ages and wears out.
- Size of equipment. Larger equipment tends to make more noise than smaller units.
- Quality of Craftmanship. More important than the quality of the equipment itself is the craftsmanship quality of the installation. Lifestyle Comfort Solutions offers a 100% lifetime guarantee on the quality of installation when we are allowed to maintain the equipment and no other company alters the original design.
Options which Quiet Noisy Outdoor Units
- Variable Speed Blower. These units ramp up slowly to provide quiet operation while maintaining comfort.
- Sound-reducing compressor Cabinet. Manufacturers build in a variety of noise-reducing features.
- Direct -drive Condenser fan. Precision balancing minimizes noise.
- Discharge muffler. Quiet the compressor by reducing vibrations on discharge lines.
In some instances it may be necessary to move the outdoor unit to a new location to reduce pesky noise from outdoor living spaces. However, this option may be costly and Lifestyle Comfort Solutions suggests other options before this step is taken.
Our mission at Lifestyle Comfort Solutions is to provide innovative solutions to our clients’ comfort concerns. A member of our professional team will be happy to provide you with expert advice. Call us at 937.202.4520
Need Air Conditioning Service?
Call us today at
or request service online.
Lifestyle Comfort Solutions provides professional heating, cooling, and indoor air quality services to Beavercreek, Bellbrook, Centerville, Dayton, Fairborn, Huber Heights, Kettering, Miamisburg, Moraine, Oakwood, Spring Valley, Springboro, Troy, Vandalia, West Carrollton, and surrounding communities. Call us at 937-202-4520 or request service online today.