Reasons Your Air-Conditioner Won’t Turn On
Lifestyle Comfort Solutions is ready 24/7/365 to meet its clients’ comfort needs. But before calling for service, think like a service technician. Here are simple solutions to common cooling problems:
Check Your Thermostat
- Adjust the temperature setting at least 5 degrees below current room temperature.
- Is the thermostat set to COOL mode?
- Change dead batteries if your thermostat is a model which requires them. Ask your Lifestyle service technician to show you how during your scheduled seasonal check.
- Turn off the thermostat for 5 minutes, then turn back on to reset.
Check Your Power Source
- Did a power surge trip a circuit breaker, or blow a fuse? Power surges are near daily occurrences with our nation’s aging power grid. Flip the switch in a circuit box, usually found in the basement, attic, or garage, or change a blown fuse.
- Check your unit power switch. It looks like a light switch and should be found in the immediate area around the inside unit. Because it looks like a light switch, it’s easy to turn off power to the unit, and not realize it.
Check For a Condensate Drain Issue
An air-conditioner creates condensate as it removes water from the air. This moisture drains away from the unit. A float switch built into the unit senses when the drain pan is filling up. The float switch automatically shuts off the unit to help protect against flooding if moisture in the condensate pain gets too high.
Check Your Capacitor/Relay
If you hear a rapid clicking sound and the air-conditioner doesn’t turn on, it may be capacitor failure or a bad relay. This situation requires professional repair.
If these solutions provide only temporary repair and you must repeat them over and over, there is likely a bigger problem which requires professional attention.
DIY fixes are never a substitute for professional, scheduled seasonal maintenance. Call us at 937.202.4520 to schedule seasonal maintenance, or purchase a maintenance agreement.
Whether it’s scheduled service or emergency repair, Season after Season, Lifestyle Comfort Solutions is Committed to Comfort.
Need Air Conditioning Service?
Call us today at
or request service online.
Lifestyle Comfort Solutions provides professional heating, cooling, and indoor air quality services to Beavercreek, Bellbrook, Centerville, Dayton, Fairborn, Huber Heights, Kettering, Miamisburg, Moraine, Oakwood, Spring Valley, Springboro, Troy, Vandalia, West Carrollton, and surrounding communities. Call us at 937-202-4520 or request service online today.